Electric NYE Ball featuring Carl Cox

carl Cox Electric NYE Ball 2013/2013The Electric New Year’s Eve Ball featuring Carl Cox, the King of electric music, is expanding to include another dance floor. The Red Bull Studio Floor, featuring the best of the Red Bull Studio DJ’s that you already know and love.

True to Red Bull Studio’s well-earned reputation, they have ensured the line-up of DJ’s are explosive and on point includes Ivan Turanjanin himself, manager of Red Bull Studio. Added to this, as with all Electric Music events, the production for this floor will come with all the trimmings including lighting and special effects.

Shaun Duvet, MD of Electric Music, said, “The Electric NYE Ball with Carl Cox will be the biggest NYE event Cape Town has ever seen. We have worked hard at securing the one and only Carl Cox and we are creating a production with the most advanced sound, stage and lighting the city has ever seen. Plus, we’ve expanded the party and welcomed Red Bull, for the official Red Bull Studio Floor at the Electric NYE Ball. We can’t wait.”

The lineup for the Electric NYE Ball is as follows:

• Household Funk
  • Pretty Filthy & Tommy D
  • Royal K & Roger D’lux
  • Niskerone
  • Ivan Turanjanin

Here are the details:
Date: Tuesday 31st December – 20:00 (08:00pm)
Venue: 1 Lower Long St, Cape Town
Tickets: R470 General / R680 VIP / R2050 VVIP via Computicket here

VIP – includes a complimentary bubbly at midnight, great views, dedicated bars and facilities.
VVIP – includes a complimentary bar all night (excludes French champagne), canapés, elevated dance floor area. At an additional cost VVIP ticket holders may reserve an area / booth and pre-order their drinks. They can do this once they have purchased their tickets from naz@electricmusic.co.za

For more information check out the Electric Music SA Facebook fan page here

COMPETITION
We’re giving away a set of DOUBLE TICKETS to the Electric NYE Ball with Carl Cox at the Cape Town International Convention Center on 31 December.

Step 1 of 4: Complete the entry form below (we need your details to contact you).
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]

Step 2 of 4: Follow @CPTatNight on Twitter or like us on Facebook here

Step 3 of 4: Post on Twitter or Facebook.

For Twitter, tweet the following…

I’ve entered to WIN double tickets to see @Carl_Cox at the #ElectricNYEball with @CPTatNight – enter here http://wp.me/p3Obbd-PW

For Facebook, share any of “Electric NYE Ball” posts found on our fan page here with the following comment…

I‘ve entered to WIN double tickets to see Carl Cox at the #ElectricNYEball with with Cape Town at Night – enter here http://www.capetownatnight.co.za/electric-nye-ball-featuring-carl-cox

Step 4 of 4: Comment below why you think should win the tickets. (originality of your comment will help your cause)

Terms & Conditions: You must be over the age of 18, the competition closes at 10pm (22:00) on Friday 27th December. Winners will be notified by 12pm (12:00) via Email the following day (Saturday 29th December). The Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.

22 Responses

1. Jarryd Kellett

My NYE for the last couple of years have been mediocre and going into 2014 with Carl Cox would be extremely exciting and would kick off my 2014 the right way.

2. tasniem baradien

I remember my first International DJ experience was Carl Cox live at Synergy in 2001. It was one of the best parties of my live and a night I will never forget And the start of many more parties to come. I can’t wait to experience the master again. Please give me the tickets 🙂

3. Mishkah

I should win, because I this is going to be on of the most insane new years parties in Cape Town and if i can’t go i will roll into a ball and cry myself to sleep.

4. Supermanuelza

it started in 97 and the love affair with carl cox’s music has never stopped help me to have an amazing new years

5. jason bowers

Just finished high school and need some cox in my life. Starting my 2014 and rest of my life with a bang! #PLEASEPICKME #kanala
    PS sharing is caring

6. kashiefah

I Need those tickets! 🙂 Super excited about the NYE Ball! I have to win tickets. I don’t wanna miss this ball , please make my Year 🙂 *puss in boots eyes* 🙂 …. I want a night and experience I’ll never forget! , with the best…Carl Cox and awesome line up. Whoop whoop! Carl Cox! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 #Electricnyeball #carlcox

7. Ibtisaam

No better way than going into 2014 with the legend himself Carl Cox. Non stop adrenalin, pumping sets from the gap toothed man will have me going crazy. Take me to Carl Cox Cape Town at Night. 😀 I swear I’d do anything!!!!

8. Ashlèy Arèndsè

carl cox….ricardo de costa….crazy and deranged dj;s always been listening to their sets…kept playing them at house parties yet i never got to grace their presence live, please allow me to id do anything yip said anything,,,need to win these tickets booyaaahhhh !!!!

9. Videsh

I really wanna win these tickets please please! Would be
    an amazing experience to party into the New Year
    with # electric and # CarlCox ! I simply love EDM and would
    not want to be anywhere else but at the Cticc! So bring
    them tickets my way!!!
    #LOVE2PARTY # EDM #Carlcox #electric! On
    a student budget and these tickets would really really
    bring a joyous smile! Thanks 🙂

10. Tabisa dyani

I like to party and I party hard and Carl cox will make that happen. I’ll be on my worst behaviour

11. Patrick Hall

I am without a doubt Carl Cox’s biggest fan! I spent the good part of 8 years following the man around so many clubs in the UK but have yet to hear him in my home town of Cape Town. Was so bummed to have missed his previous CT set. These tickets I would die for! There is simply no better DJ on the planet.

Here’s one of my best memories of a Coxy set for us to get warmed up on…
    It’s sometime around the early 90’s at the legendary and long since closed Club UK in Wandsworth, London and Coxy is headlining after the legendary DJ Paul Oakenfold.

The front room of the club where Coxy is playing a house set for the night is quite a smallish room holding about 200-250 people and the DJ box is right next to the dance floor, so its a really intimate setting between the DJ and the clubbers.
    Its around 1 am and Paul has already brought the room up to a banging sweat box and it seems like it cant go any harder. Well on steps Coxy behind those 3 decks and goes on to show that everything we’d just heard was purely child’s play! He proceeds to hammer out a purely jaw dropping set.
    At one point with 2 records already in the mix, on the 3rd turntable he begins scratching in that catchy vocal from the Buckethead’s “The Bomb” (you know the one that goes “these sounds fall into my mind”). At the time it was one of the biggest house tracks, so the place completely and utterly erupted! People were dancing on the seats because there was no more room on the floor.

His set was as if someone had flicked a switch, and I watched as Paul Oakenfold, a brilliant DJ in his own right, stood next to Carl for the next 2 hours in complete awe of his skills. That set and many many others still gives me goosebumps to this day.

Gotta feel that feeling again please. Cox in the box rocks!!

12. Adrian Phipps

Oh I’m poor/had a bad 2013/just broke up with gf!! NOT!! I just want to get down and rock into 2014 while stomping my freaking head off.. EDM is life baby, if you ain’t moving you’re dying and I like to MOVE IT MOVE IT!! #ElectricNYEball

13. Ami Rademeyer

I have no plans 4 new years YET :(. Have always loved Carl Cox and don’t wanna miss out on the biggest party in SA!!
    Pleeeeeease make my 2013 and 2014 🙂 🙂

14. Labeeqah

I’m not going to lie about anything, I absolutely LOVE Carl Cox! Hope I get to go!

15. ☆Nabila☆ (@nabilaliddle)

Would be amazing to win these tickets since I was in the spirit of giving and spend all my money on xmas & holiday gifts. I learnt about Carl Cox as my uncle is a huge fan. We spend hours in front of the computer listening to his music. In 1999 he made his way to cape town and my uncle was lucky enough to see him live at the Artscape. I was 10 at the time and wasn’t as lucky… but continued to listen to Carl Cox’s music and have been a huge fan since… if I win these tickets, I’d want to experience this dj pioneer with the man that taught me what good music is. I owe him that much!